Weekly Sports Wrap Up 3/27-4/1

Gilbert, AZ-It’s that time of the week again! After a couple weeks of spring break, our spring sports are coming back in full swing. Here is this week’s sports wrap up.

This week softball played Shadow Ridge and worked their hardest to conquer the Stallions. Varsity’s Tava Boone (11) pitched an amazing game. Elena Jimenez (12), hit a double with the bases loaded and made the score 4-4. Ultimately, in the last inning of the game, the Stallions beat the varsity Lady Black Hawks 5-4. The junior varsity team also lost against Shadow Ridge 6-14. Even though this was one of the harder teams the girls have played against this season, it gave them a chance to find their strengths and weaknesses for future games to come.

Girls tennis has had a busy week with awesome matches and even a fundraiser!

“The season is going really great. We are all trying our absolute hardest and it’s really paying off,” explained Julia Janette (10).

Varsity tennis came out with two wins and one loss this week. They beat Apache Junction 5-1, faced a loss from Marcos De Niza 4-5, and won the matches versus Casa Grande Union 8-1.

Junior Varsity lost both games this week (Apache Junction 1-5 and Marcos De Niza 2-5) but have been continuing to progress and become better.

“I believe we’re 3rd in our division, which is amazing,” marvelled Janette.

The teams also had a car wash this weekend to raise money for their sport and made nearly $300!

Boys Volleyball dominated on the court this week versus Scottsdale Christian Academy. Their first set they won 25-14, the second set they came out triumphant with a score of 25-7, and the third set they won 25-5.

Colton Blue (12) boasted, “It was too easy.”

That’s all we’ve got for this week’s sports wrap up! Be sure to continue showing your support for all our spring sports teams and never stop dominating.