Weekly Sports Wrap-Up of 1/16

Gilbert, AZ-Well, it is that time of the week again! Let’s see what is going on in the world of Williams Field Sports News.

Starting out with the younger soccer girls, the JV team only got to play one game this week due to the rainy weather. They lost to Campo Verde 0-4 but hopefully they will be able to redeem themselves in the upcoming games this week!

Jada Zuniga (10) #2, and Team Captain on JV soccer said, “I felt that the outcome of this week’s game set a negative vibe throughout the team, because we lost 4-0. But as a team we know that the opponent was good. We did good on working as team and knowing where the ball should go but we could’ve worked on communication and positive reinforcement.”

Our varsity soccer girls got to play both of their two games this week against Campo Verde and Mesquite. They lost their Tuesday game versus Campo Verde 1-4 but redeemed themselves later in the week beating Mesquite 4-0.

“I am happy with this weeks games. There is always things we can improve on, our game against Campo, we held our own but in the end let the goals get to our heads,” said #00 Alyssa Kloster (12) on Varsity Soccer. “We worked hard in our practices to get that victory against Mesquite and where they made errors we capitalized on them and we dominated the game and came out with the big win. We feel confident going into our game against Queen Creek and into the playoffs.”

Our wrestling boys had yet another awesome week on their road to state. They had tournaments against three different schools but managed to dominate and win all by a landslide. They beat Higley 80-0, Maricopa 75-6, and Casteel 75-6.

This week our girls basketball teams crushed it on the court! They had a home meet versus Independence and managed to work together as a team to accomplish their goal. Junior Varsity won in a close game, 36-34 and Varsity won 45-36.

“Overall we played pretty well, I feel like we were able to move the ball around better this game and work as a team” explained Shelby Madsen (10).

That’s all for sports this week Black Hawks, tune in next week for another update on athletics on campus!