People of Williams Field: Erin DeSoto

Nicole Tassainer, Staff Writer

Gilbert, AZ- Ms. DeSoto is a teacher here at Williams Field. She teaches freshman and sophomore English classes. She’s new to Williams Field, but she has already gotten on the list of favorite teachers.

Choosing a career path can be really scary and hard, but Ms. DeSoto knew exactly what she wanted to be. When asked why she chose to be a teacher she said, “I believe education is essential to making a meaningful difference in the world and I wanted to help young people do just that.”

Ms. DeSoto is very good at getting her students to have real, meaningful discussions through socratic seminars and other activities. Some students can be hard to break from their shell and shyness, but she’s terrific at pushing them just enough to get past that shyness.

She has the perfect balance between educator and friend to her students. Like many other teachers at Williams Field, she jokes around with her students and keeps class interesting with friendly teasing back and forth from her classes.

One of the best parts of being in Ms. DeSoto’s class is that she treats her students like adults and doesn’t talk down to them like most teachers, but when students act immature, she’s not afraid to write a referral.

We love our Williams Field staff and thank them all for their hard work!