Ipsy Bag Review

MacKenzie Belley, Political Analyst

Gilbert, AZ – We’ve all been there, standing in Sephora surrounded by rows and rows of different brands of makeup, unsure of what color eye-shadow you need or what product you need for your skin. I was tired of this problem of constantly trying to keep up with the next makeup trend so I decided to get on the makeup in the mail train.

After some research I found Ipsy, a company that sends you 5 personalised products each month for only 10 dollars. Unlike its competitors, who send their products in a cardboard box, I was pleased to discover that Ipsy comes with a cute, monthly themed makeup bag for your products. When I finally took the plunge and started signing up on their website I was surprised to see how thorough their questionnaire was. From skin tone to the products I use on a daily basis, Ipsy took the effort into customizing my personal makeup bag.

Each month, Ipsy themes their website to hint at what products they may be sending you as well as giving you helpful makeup tips. If that wasn’t enough they’ve made an app, because let’s be honest, who uses computers to go on websites? It also make it accessible anywhere you go.

Last month, I was excited to finally get my products in the mail. The variety and quality of products is great,  for example I received, hand cream, a sample of Hikari Cosmetics Eyeshadow,  PS Cosmeceutical Nail polish, a ColourPop Cosmetics Eye Gel Pen, and my most favorite a Glamour Dolls Angle Blush Brush with a Lisa Frank Unicorn design on the handle. After you use all the products you can go on the app and review the products so the stylist can improve your next bag.

I think this company is great for everyone, from makeup novices’  to beauty bloggers this bag has something to offer you. Its honestly a great investment and at least it will make you smile when you see it in your mailbox.